Tuesday, December 4, 2012


‎"Listen to your heart. Then, listen to a screaming baby. Now, which is better?" -- Deepak, Jr.

 

Don’t get me wrong, Deepak, Jr. just LOVES babies.  But, the little tykes don’t hold a decibel next to what my heart tells me to do.  That is really sort of odd, though, if you think about it.  My heart doesn’t have a mouth, and it’s really not very interesting in situations where social discourse is involved.  I can be seated across from a beautiful woman who is yakking on about how she lost the key to her Volkswagen “bug” and had to break into her car, and my heart really doesn’t say a thing.  So, overall, it’s pretty dull company.  But, set a screaming kid down next to me and my heart suddenly opens up.  It seems to come alive with emotion.  Then, I have to leave the room before I kill something.

No comments:

Post a Comment