Thursday, January 3, 2013


‎"You will never be remembered for how much you make, only for how much you spend." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

I’m working on this.  I spend a great deal of my paycheck on (standard, daily, grocery list) sports drink, meat of some sort, broccoli, and wine.  I also spend a large chunk of my monthly earnings on gas and credit card debt.  I’m struggling to figure out how to make this spending spree into something of a legacy.  When I die, will I be remembered for how many cartons of eggs I bought?  Or how many cups of coffee I bought at Starbucks?  I try to spend more on things like public broadcasting and desert protection, but I don’t think my level of philanthropy will result in much more than a comma in someone’s elegy (assuming there will be one).  But, on the flip side, I won’t be remembered for how much money I earned, either.  In short, like me, you are probably doomed to obscurity unless, of course, you can start your own reality T.V. show, or get your dog to do something really disgusting on YouTube, or marry Kim Kardashian and, then, divorce her plastic ass within the month.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment