Monday, January 28, 2013

Expectations...


"Depression is borne out of disappointment. If you have no expectations, you have no disappointment. Do not expect; make." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

This, I offer to my friends who may be unhappy or discontented in their relationships with other humans.  I have seen a number of them struggle.  I have struggled.  But, after bouncing off the walls for a couple of months, I decided that the root of my psychic unease was that I had expected something that did not come to fruition.  The deep well of disappointment into which I fell was overwhelming, but on reflection, nothing more than a shallow mud puddle.  Do not expect something from someone.  Even if you are hanging, upside-down in your car, bleeding from multiple body parts, and gasoline is leaking into your eyes, do not expect anyone to come to your assistance.  If you cannot take care of yourself, then so be it; if no one saves you, then so be it.  Do not expect it.  Then, when what you have not expected does not happen, you will not be disappointed or depressed.  You may be dead, but that’s another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment