Monday, October 22, 2012


‎"When your life's calling shuts its mouth, go out and do your own calling." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

My life called me to run around naked in the woods.  I soon realized, however, that my father was not going to support me in that pursuit.  Neither was most of the rest of the planet.  Somewhere in my development, life shut it’s damned mouth and never spoke again.  I had to go out and stare at the clouds, like a turkey trying to catch raindrops in its open beak and trying not to drown.  This was fun, for awhile.  The danger was exhilarating.  But, like running through the woods naked, it did not net much in the way of food, shelter, financial security, booze, kinky underwear, universal adoration, or other essential stuff.  When I opened my mouth, the thin slit in my head, I finally had it all figured out.  After all, it’s always fun to listen to yourself, even if it’s bullshit.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Deepak, Jr. On, on -- Beak open, man!
    --Bobina

    ReplyDelete