Saturday, October 6, 2012

Off the high horse


"The view from the top tells one nothing about what is happening at the bottom." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

This is so true.  I have been on top of lots of things, and I’ve been so high up that I couldn’t even see what was going on, down below.  But then, maybe I really didn’t want to know.  The view, metaphorically speaking, is totally kick-ass, from the top.  I could see my whole future spread out in front of me.  It was like sitting at the end of one of those endless medieval tables, looking down rows of pheasant, yams, grapes, small unidentified mammals, figs, carrots, Hebrew National wieners and “double-cheese” mac & cheese.  When you have that in front of you, you really don’t give shit about what’s happening under the table, unless…(excuse me, lest I digress).  I can’t begin to tell you what it was like to not be at the top anymore.  I climbed down after realizing that it took too much energy to just sit on the head of a pin.  I’m not going to tell you what’s been happening at the bottom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment