Sunday, February 10, 2013

Radiance


‎"At the boundary between solid and liquid there is either heat or cold. Be heat and your life will move in unbounded directions." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

Once I spilled hot grease on my leg.  I bounced around the room like the personification of the Heisenberg Principle: an object in motion can never occupy the same space twice (or something like that).  There was no boundary; I wasn’t even close to it.  The shit was hot!  The dog raised its head in utter bewilderment as I leaped over him and into the next room, a WTF look in his eyes.  What I’m talking about is that boundary between wanting to nice and wanting to be an asshole.  If you’re nice, you emanate positive electrons that warm those around you up.  No one likes to be cold, so the fact that you are a human heat lamp makes you a good thing to hang out with in bed.  If you’re an asshole, there ain’t nothin’ emanating from your body and you may as well be in a rock garden somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment