Monday, February 11, 2013

Patience


“Sometimes one must take control of a situation; other times, it's best to let the jello congeal at its own pace." -- Deepak, Jr.

 

Once, Mahatma and I were hanging out under a tree.  He was hungry, so I said, “Hey, how about some jello?”  Hot jello is a really good drink on a cold night.  But, it’s difficult to keep the little pear cubes in place.  And, usually, jello is a summer thing and you want it cold, with vodka in it.  It never pays to stand there and blow on the stuff.  Unless you are “Mr. G.,” of course.  He sat there, in his underwear, and blew on his jello all day.  I couldn’t take it.  I had a gig to go to that night, so I took control of the situation and drank mine.  It was pretty good, but I left the fruit chunks at the bottom behind.  I never did hear whether my buddy ate his, before the British goons hauled him off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment