Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Economics


"If you bought something on sale, you still bought something." -- Deepak, Jr.
 
This is the Costco thing.  Walk into the place with an eco-friendly cloth bag, thinking you’re going to get a candy bar and a roll of toilet paper, and you walk out with a new watch, a stereo system, six bath towels, a box of frozen peas, and enough peanut butter to fill a bathtub.  “But, the price was so good!” you exclaim.  When I lived in a hut in the desert on the outskirts of the ancient city of Ur, I only ate as much grass as I needed, then returned to the same watering hole on the next day to consume the same amount of grass.  Once, some traveling salesman (or person, as the case may be) offered me some Dinty Moore beef stew in a large can.  Knowing that I could not possibly eat the whole thing in one sitting, I declined and offered the guy some grass.  After all you don’t save anything by buying ten things, at a $1.00 per item, when you only need to buy one thing at $9.99.  DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment